For the last couple of days you might have noticed my site was offline. The reason was I was changing hosting companies and it was taking longer than I thought it would or should. The reason I changed hosting companies was not because I didn’t like m old hosting compant Host Gator it was simply because of Tim Tech’s offer for CTP Teams season 5. The following is taken right from the CTP eams Blog
5. Grab Your 10x Multiplier at eHost – Simply put, this could be the best $2.75 you will ever spend! Here’s why…Not only do you get your team a massive 10x multiplier for the entire season, but you also get your very own hosting account. As we move into 2016, you are going to see a lot more content and articles from Tim Tech about blogging and why it’s important…Here’s your hub and home base! Grabbing a hosting account at eHost will set you up with a one click install for your very own blog. Are you serious about success? A hosting account is a must!
So when I read that I said to myself why not anything to give my team The Cash Surfing Network a boost Go Team. Of course now I have to let Tim Tech know so that we get the bonus. So now that you know why I changed hosts lets talk about why it took so long and what I finally wound up doing. I went to ehost and paid for a month eventually I’m going to see if I can pay for an entire year or more. I just wanted to get this done and I only had enough for a month, so there. Then I contacted the ehost support using the live chat option and let them know that I had just changed hosting companies and they told me my site and all its contents had to be migrated from the old host host gator to the new host ehost.
So me not knowing anything about c panel asked if they could do it. They said no problem, they would put in a support ticket and assign it to the migration team. Will a couple of days passed and the site was still not up. I talked to several people then finally I talked to someone who finally was helpful he said he would put a rush on it this was after being told the tickets where done in the order received. Well I’m not a patient person. So then I went to work and when I came home the next morning I checked my email and there was an email from the ehost migration team saying they would do it for $13.98. Wait What? Nobody ever said anything about being charged for this what the &%$#. So I contacted them and asked why wasn’t I told when I first asked them to do this there would be a charge for doing this. maybe I should have had an idea there might be, but they still should have let me know that.
So after all of that I wound up trying to do it myself . Now if you don’t count watching you tube videos and talking with a very helpful person from ehost in chat I was able to do what had to be done in about 20 minutes or so. Now I had already changed my DNS Nameservers from the ones that HostGator had given me to the one that ehost gave me over at Go Daddy the place where I had orginally bought my domain name. So that step was done. So now what ehost gave me directions but I’m not a techy person so off to YouTube I went and I found this video
So following that video I was able to go into my Host Gator C Panel go to the file Manager, go to the Home Directory find the file I needed public_html directory compress that using the Zip Archive option then took the zipped file that was created for me and downloaded that to my desktop. Then uploaded it to My new hosting account Ehost. Then with the help from someone at Ehost I was able to into the MySQL datbase for my site into the php MyAdmin at Hostgator. Then when that was done I hghlighted the MySQL fie that was now in my php MyAdmin and exported it to my desktop. Then went into my ehost cpanel and imprted it into there. But the site still was not working so once again I contacted support and a very helpful person told me it it looks like you’ve done everything right you just need to go into my file manager find the public_html file I had uploaded and decompress the file, Then he said it wwould take about 24 hours for the nameservers to do there propagation. Then a little less than 24 hours later my site was back up Whew!!